Resources for Reading offers a complete money-back guarantee on all merchandise.
- Ours is not a "no questions asked" returns policy. We do ask questions - we need to know why you want to return an item, so that we can improve it. If the item was not right for you, we ask you to tell us why, and how we can make it better.
- You may return new items within 30 days of purchase even if you just changed your mind, and receive full credit for the returned merchandise. Shipping charges are not refundable — we reasonably expect you to pay the shipping both ways in this case (or you can bring it to our office in South San Francisco if you're nearby).
- Special order, personalized, custom-ordered, and made-to-order items are not returnable.
- You need to call or email for a Return Authorization (RMA) number, and to obtain the correct address for our Returns Department, before returning any item. We will need the invoice number for your order (from the upper right corner of the invoice or the packing list).
- Write the RMA number on the shipping label or on the outside of the package before you ship it. It tells us what to do with it when we receive it.
- Unauthorized returns, or packages not showing an RMA number on the outside of the box, may be refused. We can accept no responsibility for anything sent to us without an RMA number showing on the outside of the package. Be sure to call first and get the correct address before you return anything.
- Defective items, or items which arrive damaged, will be replaced at our expense. We usually require defective items to be returned to us, so that we can show the problem to the manufacturer. Items damaged in transit will be replaced. Be sure to retain all packing and shipping material for inspection. If you do not want the item replaced, then we will need you to return it to us as explained above since you changed your mind about keeping the item.
- Used items may be returned only if defective, and only for replacement. We pay the shipping both ways on defective or mis-shipped items. Please do not return any item you have written on! Do not write names, etc. on any item until you are assured that the item is correct for you.
- To receive merchandise credit, items must be returned within 30 days, in their original packaging, and in new condition. A restocking charge of 10% or more will be imposed on returned items if portions are not returned or if packaging is missing or damaged. Returned easels are always subject to a 10% restocking charge because the shipping carton and packaging must be replaced in every case.
- You remain responsible for any items lost or damaged in transit,
so be sure to insure them for your own protection. We recommend shipping
items by UPS, because UPS insures each package for $100 automatically,
and provides online tracking and proof of delivery; US Mail requires
insurance to be purchased separately at additional cost, and does not
have tracking. Be sure to insure your package so you can file a damage
or loss claim if necessary, and get your refund or credit if your package
is lost or damaged!
We can not give any refund or credit for any items which arrive damaged, so be sure to pack the box carefully, with adequate padding. If the returned items arrive here with any damage because they were not packed correctly, or if they are lost and do not arrive here at all, you will receive zero credit.
See also How can I tell if an item is in new condition? below.